Chris is an Accredited Commercial Law Specialist and a Partner at PCL Lawyers. Chris has approximately 30 years’ experience in commercial and property law. Chris has extensive expertise in complex commercial, business, franchising, leasing, and property matters.
Chris’ expertise includes:
- shareholder and unitholder agreements
- joint venture agreements
- preparation of discretionary and unit trusts
- sale and purchase of businesses including franchised businesses
- commercial leasing including drafting Agreements for Lease and Leases
- management agreements and consultancy agreements
- Distributor Agreements
- bespoke contract drafting
- preparing Franchise Agreements and Disclosure Documents for franchisors
- renewing and advising on various Franchise Agreements and Disclosure Documents for franchisees
- drafting terms of trade including website terms and conditions
- sale and purchase of commercial properties.
Chris also has experience in, and knowledge of the early childhood and kindergarten industry, having worked as an in-house lawyer for an early childhood provider for several years. This involved dealing with the Department of Education and Training, landlords of leased premises, joint venture partners and third-party suppliers.
Chris holds a Bachelor’s degree in both Law and Science (majoring in Microbiology). He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Commercial Law Discussion Group, which is comprised of Accredited Commercial Law Specialists, who meet monthly to discuss new and/or complex areas of law.
Chris is a practical and results driven lawyer, who is committed to exceeding clients’ expectations.