Emma is a Partner and leads the Building & Construction team. After completing a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business from Griffith University in Queensland, she relocated and was admitted to practice in Victoria.
Emma is an experienced solicitor who commenced her practice in complex commercial litigation with a broad experience in a variety of disputes throughout the Tribunal and Magistrates, County and Supreme Courts.
After spending many years dealing with a variety of building and construction matters amidst her commercial litigation career, Emma developed a passion for the area and grew our Building and Construction team which covers a broad variety of areas within the industry.
Emma provides her clients with valuable, commercial and tailored advice on:
- contractual matters, including drafting, renegotiation and disputes in relation to a broad variety of standard and other contracts
- various disputes ranging from smaller scale domestic disputes or low-level debt recovery, to large multi-million dollar commercial construction disputes
- building defects, resultant or latent defects and claims for loss and damage and/or rectification of building issues
- building and construction industry Security of Payment matters, both advisory and in disputes or for adjudication
- litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
- matters pertaining to planning, developments, licensing, permits and other niche areas within the industry
- various civil and commercial litigation disputes, including debt recovery, property disputes, trust and director and shareholder disputes.
Having dealt with complex litigation from very early in her career, Emma is also highly experienced and well-practiced in alternative dispute resolution. She has experience in all jurisdictions from the Tribunal through to the Supreme Court in a variation of other commercial and civil matters.
As an experienced building and construction lawyer who represents a broad variety of clients, Emma is able to traverse easily between different perspectives of building and construction, property and matters that are more centred around business and day to day operations. Emma assists clients ranging from family run businesses and SME’s to large builders and contractors and works both commercially and logically to find a resolution.
Emma is committed to working within her client’s specific needs and tailors each of her approaches accordingly. She endeavours to form a personal connection and maintains a warm and approachable manner with her client’s but makes for a challenging opponent when necessary.