Roland Müller leads our commercial litigation team. He is a highly-experienced lawyer, an accredited specialist in commercial litigation and a nationally-accredited mediator. Equally comfortable representing clients in court as overseeing their matters behind the scenes, Roland is an exceptionally versatile lawyer.
In leading our commercial litigation practice, Roland combines many years of experience as an accomplished solicitor advocate representing clients in state and federal courts, with a strong sense of strategy and an ability to develop pragmatic solutions to complex legal problems.
In addition to his experience with a broad range of general commercial litigation matters, Roland has a strong track record of successful outcomes for clients in associated areas, including:
- Coroners Court investigations or inquests;
- Defamation and injurious falsehood proceedings;
- Employment law proceedings which progress beyond the Fair Work Commission, such as general protections claims, unlawful dismissal proceedings and discrimination matters;
- Mediation (as a NMAS–accredited mediator) of commercial, personal and workplace disputes, privately or via panels such as the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria’s List of External Mediators;
- Regulatory, criminal and professional conduct proceedings brought by state and federal regulators, including ASIC, the Clean Energy Regulator, Consumer Affairs Victoria, Energy Safe Victoria, boards established under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, the Victorian Legal Services Commissioner and Board, Victorian Building Authority, WorkSafe and others.
Renowned for his oral and written advocacy, robust advice and maintaining the highest level of professional integrity; Roland has often been retained by other lawyers to assist their clients or with their personal legal needs. Recognising that for each client their matter is the most important, he ensures that the PCL Lawyers commercial litigation team provides a high standard of service to all clients.
Roland holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Melbourne, a Master of Laws (Legal Practice, Skills & Ethics) from Monash University and a Master of Laws from Sydney University. He has a strong interest in enhancing professional standards in legal practice.
His contributions to the profession include service as the Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Commercial Litigation Advisory Committee; Deputy Chair of the LIV’s Specialisation Board and as a member of the LIV’s Litigation Lawyers Section Executive Committee.