Theresa is a Senior Associate of our Family Law and Estate Planning practice groups. Theresa’s practice includes acting for clients across a broad range of complex family/relationship matters as well as estate planning. As a reputable, non-nonsense, empathetic and outcome driven Family/Estate lawyer, Theresa focuses on achieving the best possible outcomes for her clients.
Theresa she has worked in boutique and mid-tier law firms and gained extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution and litigation in the Family Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Supreme Court of Victoria, County Court of Victoria and Magistrate’s Court of Victoria.
Whether working through strategic out of court negotiations or guiding her clients through the court process, Theresa is a strong advocate dedicated to providing her clients with practical, timely and holistic advice to ensure her clients achieve realistic outcomes.
Theresa advises clients in the following areas:
Family and Relationship Law
- Parenting and children’s arrangements
- Property and financial matters
- Spousal maintenance
- Child Support, including Binding Child Support Agreements
- Financial Agreements, pre-nuptial and post nuptial
- Superannuation, including self-managed superannuation funds
Family Violence Intervention Orders
Estate Planning, Wills and Estates
- Preparation of wills (including testamentary trusts)
- Preparation of power of attorney
- Estate planning
- Probate & letters of administration
- Deceased estate litigation
Theresa is a member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and the Law Institute of Victoria.